By: Sharon Aron Baron
To ensure the safety of not only pedestrians but drivers as well, Coral Springs Police will be assigning officers to educate both on the importance of following the rules of the road.
From October 4 through December 31, officers will be providing warnings as well as educational information during their contact with citizens. This current phase will provide warnings in addition to the educational information provided during citizen contacts.
This high visibility education and enforcement campaign will be conducted in conjunction with the Florida Department of Transportation’s “Alert Today, Alive Tomorrow” campaign.
Chris Swinson, spokesperson for CSPD, said their most important pedestrians and bicyclists are children and this program is in place to make sure that their safety is ensured as they travel to and from school.
He strongly encourages the use of designated crosswalks as they not only are designed to maximize the safety of our pedestrians but are in place to prevent interaction with vehicular traffic.
This initiative will be followed up with additional dates for enforcement and may result in citations to pedestrians and bicyclist who violate traffic laws.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts