By: Sharon Aron Baron
To ensure the safety of not only pedestrians but drivers as well, Coral Springs Police will be assigning officers to educate both on the importance of following the rules of the road.
From October 4 through December 31, officers will be providing warnings as well as educational information during their contact with citizens. This current phase will provide warnings in addition to the educational information provided during citizen contacts.
This high visibility education and enforcement campaign will be conducted in conjunction with the Florida Department of Transportation’s “Alert Today, Alive Tomorrow” campaign.
Chris Swinson, spokesperson for CSPD, said their most important pedestrians and bicyclists are children and this program is in place to make sure that their safety is ensured as they travel to and from school.
He strongly encourages the use of designated crosswalks as they not only are designed to maximize the safety of our pedestrians but are in place to prevent interaction with vehicular traffic.
This initiative will be followed up with additional dates for enforcement and may result in citations to pedestrians and bicyclist who violate traffic laws.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20