By Kevin Deutsch
Law enforcement and fire rescue agencies from across South Florida will be seeking new recruits this week at Coral Springs’ first Public Safety Job Fair.
In addition to hosting the event, the Coral Springs Police and Fire Departments will be among the agencies attending the fair, held on Tuesday, April 12 from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Coral Springs Gymnasium, 2501 Coral Springs Dr.
Human resource professionals from Coral Springs will also be on hand to discuss retirement benefits, compensation planning, and long-term career training with attendees.
The fair is free to attend.
“We have dozens of public safety agencies that will be in attendance, offering job openings and guidance on their hiring processes,” said Mike Moser, Deputy Chief at Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department.
“We want them to know as much about the process as there is,” including the potential benefits available to them and their families, Moser said.
“This is really well beyond what we could consider a typical job fair. This is really going to be very intuitive.”
The fair is not just for potential police and firefighters but also other professionals at public safety agencies, including 911 dispatchers.
“There will be a lot of options there for people who are seeking employment,” Moser said.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.05.27EL AL To Open U.S. Headquarters In Margate
- Crime & Safety2022.05.26Coral Springs Man Charged With 2 More Counts of Murder in Crime Spree
- Crime & Safety2022.05.24Man Responsible For Deadly Crime Spree Claimed He Had Bomb, Asked Police to Shoot Him, Records Show
- News2022.05.23Broward County Pandemic Rent Relief Program Expands With New Funding