By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Police Detectives arrested a teacher from Coral Springs Imagine Charter of Broward today, for transmitting obscene material to a student via email.
The suspect, identified as Warren Zilka, 43, of Coral Springs turned himself in to the Coral Springs Police Department Friday afternoon, and is facing two felony charges of transmitting material harmful to a minor and unlawful transmit of obscene material.
Zilka is accused of sending over 100 emails to a 14 year old student, several of which had explicit sexual content. The messages, were too lewd to post on Coral Springs Talk. The emails were alleged to have been sent from his school issued computer.
The police affidavit stated that Zilka admitted to sending the emails to the minor over the internet.
Zilka is currently being processed at the Coral Springs Police Department and will be transferred to Broward County Jail.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.05.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- News2021.05.106 Named City of Coral Springs Business Excellence Award Winners
- News2021.05.10Submit your Best Shot and Win $100 in Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest
- Crime & Safety2021.05.09Coral Springs Couple Search for Good Samaritan Who Returned Wallet left on Top of Vehicle