By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Coral Springs teacher died unexpectedly leaving behind a husband and two children.
Natalie Nicole Kornhauser, 34, also known as “Nikki” was a second grade teacher at Park Springs Elementary School. “Nikki was a valuable member of our staff for the past four years, but the positive impact she has ignited makes it feel like she has been here forever,” said her colleagues who set up a GoFundMe page.
“No amount of money will ever be able to replace such a special person as Nikki, but the Park Springs family is devoted to doing anything and everything that we can do to help her family for years to come. We have started [the GoFundMe] page to raise money for her children and their futures. One hundred percent of the funds raised will be given directly to the Kornhauser family.”
Kornhauser was one of the most driven educators, they wrote. She was always willing and eager to go above and beyond to extend her reach beyond the walls of her classroom and had dreams to be a literacy coach and an administrator and was actively in pursuit of those dreams.
“She was more than just an exemplary teacher and colleague; she was a friend to all that she encountered. It is so rare that an individual can have such a profound impact on people, not just the hundreds of students in her classes, but also every adult on campus that she welcomed with ‘good morning, sweet friend’ every single day.”
Natalie Nicole Kornhauser leaves behind her husband Eric, son Ethan, 3, daughter Blakely, 1, and many other family members. The cause of death has not yet been publicized at this time.
On Saturday, April 14, she will be laid to rest at Star of David Chapel. At 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m will be a reception and visitation, and from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m will be the funeral service. Star of David Chapel is located at 7701 Bailey Road, North Lauderdale, Florida
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive