By: Chris Brunner
On Saturday, January 24, the Tennis Center of Coral Springs held an Adult & Junior tennis round robin. Parents paired up with their children to play doubles in a fun event followed by a cookout.
Participants competed in three different divisions based on the child’s skill level: orange ball (low pressure) played on a 60 ft. court, green dot ball played on a regulation 78 ft. court, and regular ball on a regulation court. Each team played a short set against the other teams in their divisions which lasted around two hours. Following tennis, everyone went to the clubhouse for hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken and all the sides.
The junior participants in the orange ball division included Sydney Dennis, Jackson Baldwin, Morgan Crupi, and Vilani Price-Taylor. The green dot division players were Daniel Kerzner, Madeline Baldwin, Madison Maingot, Riley Tromer, Emilio Llompart, and Ashley Lynn. Players competing in the regular ball division included Zach Simon, Dean Gordon, Naia and Max Miraglia, Jaime Silva, and Ella Carmell.
Congratulations to everyone. If you’d like more information regarding any tennis programming at the Tennis Center and Cypress Park, call 954-344-1840.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed