By: Sharon Aron Baron
On Valentine’s Day, the Tennis Center of Coral Springs hosted round robin tournaments where the top prize were bottles of wine.
The first was a women’s doubles round robin held in the morning, where players switched partners after each round. Sharon Townsend finished first with a total of 21 games followed by Kathy Thomas(22), Katie Purcell(18) and Stacy Weisberg(17).
The Friday evening version was a mixed doubles round robin, where couples stayed together and competed against other teams. There was a tie for first place with 21 games won. Megan/Ken Slutsky and Veronica Heyward/Genaro Severino went home with bottles of wine. Third place was a three way tie between Jaimi Hinkle/Michael Salmon, Gloria Huertas/Felipe Madrigal and Tatiana/Jim Fischer.
The next round robin tournament will be held on March 17 celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. Women’s doubles will be at 10 a.m. and mixed doubles will be at 7 p.m. For more information or to register, call the Tennis Center at 954-344-1840.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.06Pet Supermarket Honors a ‘Teacher’s Pet’ that Helps Students Learn
- News2021.05.05Mullins Hall COVID-19 Test Site to Close in Coral Springs
- Events2021.05.04Tickets Go on Sale for Cirque Musica Holiday Spectacular
- News2021.05.04Volunteers Show Their Appreciation for Teachers at 22 Coral Springs Schools