By: Sharon Aron Baron
A two-car accident turned deadly for one victim on the Sawgrass Expressway Monday morning.
At 6:22 a.m., Florida Highway Patrol responded to a two-vehicle crash on the southbound State Road 869, south of Atlantic Blvd where the vehicles were observed and debris blocked all southbound lanes.
According to FHP, a 2009 black Honda Accord driven by Erika Sensebe, 38, of Weston was at a final rest in the grassy median, facing east displaying visibly heavy damage to its rear as well as to its front from a collision with the guardrail.
Sensebe’s injuries were fatal.
A 2016 silver Hyundai Tuscon, driven by Janice Henrietta Ryder, 37, of Coral Springs rolled over and came to final rest in the center lane, facing east. She was taken to Northwest Medical Center.
The cause of the crash is still pending a traffic homicide investigation.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video