By: Sharon Aron Baron
A two-car accident turned deadly for one victim on the Sawgrass Expressway Monday morning.
At 6:22 a.m., Florida Highway Patrol responded to a two-vehicle crash on the southbound State Road 869, south of Atlantic Blvd where the vehicles were observed and debris blocked all southbound lanes.
According to FHP, a 2009 black Honda Accord driven by Erika Sensebe, 38, of Weston was at a final rest in the grassy median, facing east displaying visibly heavy damage to its rear as well as to its front from a collision with the guardrail.
Sensebe’s injuries were fatal.
A 2016 silver Hyundai Tuscon, driven by Janice Henrietta Ryder, 37, of Coral Springs rolled over and came to final rest in the center lane, facing east. She was taken to Northwest Medical Center.
The cause of the crash is still pending a traffic homicide investigation.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts