By: Sharon Aron Baron
Construction on the Five Guys Burgers and Fries is underway in Coral Springs.
Located at The Walk, Five Guy fast-casual restaurant chain is located inside of half of the parcel formerly occupied by Peking Tokyo restaurant, and Wild Fork Foods is in the other half. The new restaurant will seat 60, and a new small patio area was built to expand the sidewalk in front to accommodate outdoor dining.
The Coral Springs location is run by their Broward County franchisee, Yukon Broward LLC, who own nine other Five Guys in the county. Reas Kondraschow, franchise president, said his company spent two years working with the leasing company scouting out various spots at The Walk.
“We picked The Walk because it was a destination place and well-established,” he said, adding that they are happy about the new downtown area that’s in the works.
Kondraschow believes they will be opening during the third week of September.
“It’s hard to give you a specific date today because we have so many things we’re working, on like the permits and certificate of occupancy.”
Five Guys is known for their fresh, never frozen meat, as well as their complimentary roasted in-shell peanuts. Headquartered in Lorton, Virginia, the first Five Guys restaurant opened in 1986, and by 2001, the chain had expanded to five locations throughout the Washington, DC metro area. As of 2016, Five Guys had over 1,500 locations open worldwide, with 1,500 locations under development.
When they do open, Kondraschow said there probably wouldn’t be a large grand opening event, as Five Guys typically keep it low-key.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.13U.S. Rep Deutch Calls on Pence to Activate 25th Amendment
- News2021.01.13City Reminds Residents Coral Square Vaccination Site is by Appointment Only
- News2021.01.13Coral Springs Resident Named Board Chair of Children’s Harbor