By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School Boys basketball team advanced to the District Final following their 55-52 victory over Coral Glades Wednesday night.
This comes a year after the Colts won just five of their 21 games in 2019-20 and have already surpassed that win total with seven victories in a shortened season.
For Head Coach Devin Barta, this was his first district win since rejoining Coral Springs earlier this season after spending the last two years coaching elsewhere.
While he is happy to get get the win, he is even more proud of his team for the fight they showed.
“These guys have worked so hard through this crazy season and have given me 110 percent every day,” said Coach Barta. “They deserve the success.”
Coral Springs trailed in the game by one point with forty seconds left, but Greg Spate made a floater to put the Colts up by one. Sam Lafauci had a key block on defense, and Kymani Quarrie hit a couple of key free throws late to give them the three-point win.
Spate ended up leading the team led with 20 points while both Jonathan Fils and Lafauci finished in double figures with ten.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 20244 Local High School Baseball Teams Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator