By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School Boys basketball team advanced to the District Final following their 55-52 victory over Coral Glades Wednesday night.
This comes a year after the Colts won just five of their 21 games in 2019-20 and have already surpassed that win total with seven victories in a shortened season.
For Head Coach Devin Barta, this was his first district win since rejoining Coral Springs earlier this season after spending the last two years coaching elsewhere.
While he is happy to get get the win, he is even more proud of his team for the fight they showed.
“These guys have worked so hard through this crazy season and have given me 110 percent every day,” said Coach Barta. “They deserve the success.”
Coral Springs trailed in the game by one point with forty seconds left, but Greg Spate made a floater to put the Colts up by one. Sam Lafauci had a key block on defense, and Kymani Quarrie hit a couple of key free throws late to give them the three-point win.
Spate ended up leading the team led with 20 points while both Jonathan Fils and Lafauci finished in double figures with ten.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.283 Coral Springs Baseball Players 4A State Champions For North Broward Prep
- News2021.05.22CHAMPIONS AGAIN: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd State Championship in 6 Years
- News2021.05.21BREAKING: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball 1 Win Away From State Championship
- News2021.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball’s Unforgettable Season Ends in Regional Final