A Coral Spring Middle School teacher has suddenly passed away leaving teachers and students with many unanswered questions.
Lynn Owen was a 6th grade history teacher and and a former graduate of Pompano Beach High School and St. Thomas University. I learned of her untimely passing when a former student of hers informed me while I was driving my morning carpool. The student, now in high school, was deeply upset as the news traveled around to many of Owen’s former students.
Owen had worked at Coral Springs Middle School for a couple years, said Principal Ian Murray, who said that she was an outstanding 6th grade history teacher and was well-liked by her students and the staff.
No funeral arrangements have been announced and students were only informed today. More will be posted as it comes in.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.06.26Dan Daley Sworn in as Florida State Representative
- Crime & Safety2019.06.26Sheriff Tony Fires Two More Deputies after Marjory Stoneman Douglas School Shooting
- Events2019.06.25Disney Junior Holiday Party! On Tour Comes to Coral Springs
- Events2019.06.25Broward County Schools Offering Trauma-Focused Individual, Family, and Group Counseling