By: Matt Rothman
Cross country is officially back as Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Coral Glades, and Coral Springs High School competed in a race at Tradewind Parks on Wednesday.
MSD earned the win for both the boys and girls overall, but both Coral Glades had an individual first-place for the boys, and CSHS, an individual for the girls.
The Eagles finished with 28 to grab the win, followed by Coral Springs with 48 and Coral Glades with 57 for the boys.
For the girls, the Eagles had a team score of 27. The Colts also finished in second place with 37 points, followed by the Jaguars with 71.
Douglas DePalma, Ian Walsh, DeAndre Mofford, Noah Krooks, Tevye Singh, and Andreas Aubreu all finished in the top ten on the boy’s side for MSD.
However, individually senior Bryan Gonzalez finished in first place for the second straight week for the Jaguars. Head Coach Joe Franco is extremely pleased with his four-year varsity runner as Gonzalez has become a team leader.
For the girls, MSD had six of their seven runners finish in the top-ten. Arianna Abreu led the Eagles individually to a second-place finish, followed by Gabby Fisher, Esther Bang, Olivia Zeff, Sophia Torres, and Grace MacKenzie. Devyn Sanders finished 11 seconds behind Mackenzie for 11th place.
Freshman Angelica Macarulay won the race for Coral Springs High School, helping them to a second-place finish overall.
“It’s great we are finally able to get a cross country season going, said Coral Springs High School Head Coach Brantley Barr. “Our fitness, like many others, is way behind since the athletes were not able to train over the summer and early fall. I’m lucky to have a wonderful group of young men and women that are working hard and having fun.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.26J.P. Taravella Duo Posts Historic Numbers for Boys Basketball Team
- News2022.01.26Coral Springs High School Girls Soccer Wins Opening Playoff Game
- News2022.01.25Coral Glades Girls Basketball Wins by 24 on Senior Night
- News2022.01.25Coral Springs Charter Boys Basketball Team Wins 2nd Game This Season