By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter Girls Cross Country Team began their season with a first-place finish behind sisters Katie and Abby Foster.
The Panthers moved to 3-0 on the year with their wins over Northeast, South Plantation, and South Broward High School with Head Coach Kate Hearn.
“Both Katie and Abby are super competitive,” Hearn said. “Abby is always trying to beat Katie, but Katie has yet to allow that. It definitely motivates them individually, but at the same time, they are always pushing the other to be better so that they, in return, are better as well.
Katie, a junior, finished in first place overall while her sister, an eighth-grader, Abby, finished in second place.
Katie said she was extremely pleased with her performance and was happy to be back racing after track was cut short last spring.
“It was a great way to start the season with an overall win for the girl’s team, and especially as an individual win,” Katie said. “I’m super pumped to get back out and keep training for the rest of our season and hopefully set some new records.”
The Panthers also received a third-place finish from Ashley Diaz in her debut for CSC.
The boy’s varsity Cross Country Team also competed and had Ryan Head finish in second place and Thomas Paquet in third. The Panthers finished in third place and sat at 2-1, defeating Northeast and South Broward High School.
CSC will be next in action at Central Park on Monday, November 9, at 4:15 p.m. as the Panthers hope to build off from their success from their first meet.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.25Coral Glades Girls Basketball Wins by 24 on Senior Night
- News2022.01.25Coral Springs Charter Boys Basketball Team Wins 2nd Game This Season
- News2022.01.24Coral Springs High School Boys and Girls Basketball Host Senior Night
- News2022.01.24CSC Girls Basketball Wins Final Home Game on Senior Night