By: Sharon Aron Baron
A driver was killed in a fatal accident after losing control of her car on the Sawgrass Expressway and striking a light pole.
At approximately 11:20 a.m., Tristan Lee Simpson, 33, of Sunrise was driving a 1993 Toyota Corolla northbound on the Sawgrass Expressway in Coral Springs just south of Sample Road when for an undetermined reason, she lost control and ran off the road onto the east shoulder and struck a light pole.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, she was pronounced dead at the scene. Traffic was diverted to Atlantic Boulevard during the investigation. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation