By: Sharon Aron Baron
A driver was killed in a fatal accident after losing control of her car on the Sawgrass Expressway and striking a light pole.
At approximately 11:20 a.m., Tristan Lee Simpson, 33, of Sunrise was driving a 1993 Toyota Corolla northbound on the Sawgrass Expressway in Coral Springs just south of Sample Road when for an undetermined reason, she lost control and ran off the road onto the east shoulder and struck a light pole.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, she was pronounced dead at the scene. Traffic was diverted to Atlantic Boulevard during the investigation. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video