By: Sharon Aron Baron
A driver was killed in a fatal accident after losing control of her car on the Sawgrass Expressway and striking a light pole.
At approximately 11:20 a.m., Tristan Lee Simpson, 33, of Sunrise was driving a 1993 Toyota Corolla northbound on the Sawgrass Expressway in Coral Springs just south of Sample Road when for an undetermined reason, she lost control and ran off the road onto the east shoulder and struck a light pole.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, she was pronounced dead at the scene. Traffic was diverted to Atlantic Boulevard during the investigation. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts