By Sharon Aron Baron
A Pompano Beach man who sold Fentanyl to a man in Coral Springs was charged with his death.
On September 16, 2020, Salomon Jules Theoc, 26, distributed the narcotic to Callie Harper in front of the Walmart located at 3801 Turtle Creek Drive, Coral Springs.
Shortly after the sale, Harper overdosed and was transported via Coral Springs Fire Rescue to Northwest Medical Center.
Despite the best efforts of hospital staff, Harper was unable to be saved.
Detective Frank Randazzo was assigned the death investigation. He worked this criminal investigation with the Coral Springs Police Department Narcotics Unit, the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office, the FBI Violent Crimes Taskforce, and the Broward County State Attorney’s Office.
With the assistance of a witness, digital forensic evidence, and video surveillance footage from the crime scene, Detective Randazzo presented this case to the Broward County State Attorney’s Office with the request of presenting this case to a grand jury.
Murder is defined as the unlawful killing of a human being which resulted from the unlawful distribution by a person 18 years of age or older of any of the following substances or mixture containing any of the following substances when such substance or mixture is proven to be the proximate cause of death of the user according to Florida Statute 782.04.
In this event, Fentanyl was the substance identified by the Broward County Medical Examiner. An indictment was obtained, Theoc was arrested, and is currently being held without bond at the Broward County Jail.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.18Spring 2022 Softball Registration Open until January 31
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’