By: Matt Rothman
In the track and field Regional Championship, the Coral Springs High School team had a pair qualify for the State Finals.
Louma Dufresne won the shot put for the boys, while Niesha Aldajuste came in second in the shot put for the girls.
The Colts also have a couple of other players that are hoping to get at-large spots. Maxwell Servius placed fourth in the high jump. Steven Thomas came in fourth in the pole vault and seventh in the javelin. Michael Castillo finished one spot back in eighth.
The relay team of Garth Lewis, Jalen Moye, Dior Crooks, and Joshua Rose finished in sixth in the 4 x 100 and ninth in the 4 x 400 with Lewis, Moye, Tariq Murray, and Joshua Rose.
Josefine Majdoch, Aldajuste came in fourth in their respective events on the girl’s side, and Juliette Bounassi finished in sixth.
The Colts will head to the State Championship at the University of North Florida starting on Friday, May 7.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.04Coral Glades Football Team Raises Funds To Visit Top College Programs This Summer
- News2021.05.03Alexandra Bruno Makes History Again for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.05.02Coral Glades High School Softball Set to Play in Regionals
- News2021.05.02Coral Springs Charter Baseball Makes Regionals For 1st Time Since 2013