By: Chris Brunner
Over one hundred golfers hit the links for the second annual Teton Nation Adventure Guides Charity Golf Tournament at Crystal Lake Golf Club in Deerfield Beach in June where the successful foursome scramble raised $3,400.00 to benefit the SOS Children’s Village.
SOS Children’s Village is a foster care neighborhood in Coconut Creek which enables children and siblings to be raised in a safe and nurturing home with an array of services to help them overcome their past traumas.
Making the donation, was the North Broward Chapter of the Adventure Guides known as the “Teton Nation” which is a father and son organization with over 200 members that are residents of Coral Springs and Parkland.
“Both of our programs are similar in that we focus on raising happy, well-rounded children which significantly enriches everyone’s life,” said Teton Nation Chief Jim Colella.
Over 120 golfers competed for fun and prizes. “We had a putting challenge, a longest drive competition, a closest to the pin contest, a Hole-In-One Shootout as well as other ‘on the course challenges and games,” said Committee Chairperson Jackson Self.
In addition to the foursome fees, the Teton Nation raised money from corporate and private sponsors as well as an exciting raffle during the post-lunch and game wrap-up.
“Our goal is for the Adventure Guides to keep making a difference in the community by supporting important and unique local organizations like SOS Children’s Village,” said Officer Todd Clarke.
The YMCA Adventure Guides Program is an activity program that promotes strong bonds between fathers and sons through shared activities such as campouts, monthly meetings, community outings, and individual and group competitions. The Adventure Guides program may be contacted at www.tetonnation.com. Donations for SOS Children’s Village may be made directly at www.sosflorida.com.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed