By: Sharon Aron Baron
A female pedestrian, who was struck and killed by a car on Sunday evening in Coral Springs, has died from her injuries.
According to police, at approximately 7:30 p.m., a 59 year-old woman stepped off of the curb on the north side of Sample Road, approximately 100 feet west of the intersection of Woodside Drive. She stepped in front of oncoming traffic, which had the right of way at the time, when Belizaire Simeon, 49, of Margate, who was driving westbound in a 2006 Chevrolet work van attempted to avoid her, but was unsuccessful.
The woman was transported from the scene to Broward Health North, where she was pronounced dead. Simeon was released from the scene with no injuries.?
According to Lieutenant Joe McHugh, the woman’s name is not being released because all attempts to locate relatives have been unsuccessful.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Officer Rick Schaut of the Coral Springs Police Department Traffic Unit at 954-346-1755.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.10.14Coral Springs ‘Taps’ into Bavarian Culture with Amazing Oktoberfest Celebration