By: Jen Russon
At sea, the first watch refers to the very first shift of the day, but when it comes to breakfast and brunch on land, First Watch is a nationwide chain known for its juice bar, made to order pancakes, rainbow toast and bottomless pots of Project Sunrise coffee.
On February 10, Coral Springs joins the fray in offering early-risers a choice between a healthy or indulgent breakfast and brunch menu. The new location is set to open at the renovated 17 Fifty shopping plaza at 1750 N. University Drive, where First Watch spokesperson Eleni Kouvatsos said they plan to hire 25 to 30 people beginning in January.
She said all interested future personnel at the restaurant could apply online.
Kouvatsos added the Coral Springs location would be their first restaurant south of Tampa to serve crafted brunch cocktails that include Million Dollar Bloody Mary’s, a rum and coconut-infused Cinnamon Toast Cereal Milk, and other specialty cocktails and brunch pairings featuring beer, wine, kombucha, and hard seltzer offerings.
“We’ll have a new menu full of signature craft cocktails made largely from our freshly pressed juices in the restaurant. We’re pretty pumped about that,” she said.
The restaurant’s “Healthier Side” menu features a variety of dietary and allergy-sensitive options, including egg white omelets and quinoa power bowls. Items like superseed protein pancakes, elevated egg sandwiches and BLTs benedict are part of the offerings, and popular enough to warrant a First Watch cookbook.
Like breakfast, the lunch menu is also seasonal, locally sourced, and prepared on-site. Chopped salads, wraps, signature sandwiches, and craft cocktails go with the morning paper and Wi-Fi connection the early birds leave behind. It’s a recipe that has worked for the large chain since 1983.
Headquartered near Sarasota, the Sunshine State would seem to have as many First Watches as its muffins do blueberries; in South Florida alone, there are locations in Deerfield Beach, Lauderhill, and Plantation.
First Watch restaurants are open from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- News2021.10.21‘Girl Scouts Lead the Way’ Luncheon Raises More than $58,000 for Southeast Florida Troops
- Events2021.10.20Children’s Book Author in Coral Springs Publishes Best-Selling Halloween Tale
- News2021.10.19City Celebrates Emergency Nurses Day at Broward Health Coral Springs
- Events2021.10.12New ‘Witchy Wares’ Gift Shop in Coral Springs Offers Classes Including Tarot Readings