By: Sharon Aron Baron
It was no surprise to residents when Joy Carter was appointed to serve a second one-year term as Vice Mayor for the City of Coral Springs by her fellow Commissioners.
“I think it’s a great choice. I think she’s done a great job, and she’s earned the right to continue,” said former Commissioner Claudette Bruck, who served on Seat 4 from 2006 to 2014.
Cindy Brief, President of the Coral Springs Coconut Creek Regional Chamber of Commerce said that Carter has demonstrated real leadership and led the city through some devastating situations including the loss of Mayor Skip Campbell. Carter also has been an outstanding supporter of the Chamber because she understands the importance of having a thriving business community in Coral Springs.
Diane Yousefi, a Coral Springs business owner and a 30-year resident said, “I am so proud that Joy was reappointed. She has been extremely accessible to residents and transparent. She serves from the heart.”
Carter was elected to Seat 5 in 2014 and has been a resident of Coral Springs for 34 years and has provided more than 30 years of community service and volunteer support for multiple organizations.
In 1985, Carter began her career in real estate, working for the city’s leading developer, Coral Ridge Properties. During that time, she served as a volunteer for the Economic Development Foundation. In 2003, she became Chair of the Chamber of Commerce and later served seven years as Chair of Chamber Trustee.
Carter has received many accolades for her involvement in the Chamber, and from the real estate organizations, she works alongside.
She has also served on many city committees and is currently in charge of the following: Senior Advisory Council, Multi-Cultural, Historical Society, and a liaison for the Broward League of Cities and is a graduate of Leadership Broward Class 21.
Born in Boise, Idaho, she is the proud mother of two daughters, Tara and Mallory. She enjoys a household partnership with her Mom, Mary, and a career as a realtor with Keller Williams Realty, located in Coral Springs.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.01.15Mayors’ Chess Challenge Heads Back to Coral Springs January 18
- News2020.01.144th Annual ‘Yoga For Life’ in Coral Springs Supports Local Nonprofits
- News2020.01.12Crime Update from Coral Springs Police: Latest Incidents Through January 7
- News2020.01.12Coral Springs’ Zeta Phi Beta Chapter Accepting Nominations for ‘Community Leader of the Year’ Awards