Can’t view the slideshow on your device? View it on Flickr
By: Sharon Aron Baron
A new mayor along with three commissioners were sworn into office on Friday at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts.
With a packed audience of supporters, friends, and city officials, Walter “Skip” Campbell was first sworn-in by Judge Ari Porth as the new mayor of Coral Springs.
Campbell told the crowd that it was time to put politics behind. He thanked Tom Powers and his supporters who have extended their hand to him and said he looked forward to working with everyone to move Coral Springs forward.
In Seat Two, Commissioner Dan Daley who won his reelection uncontested was also sworn in by Judge Ari Porth who Daley worked for as a legislative aide when Porth was a State Representative.
Seat 4 winner Lou Cimaglia was sworn by his daughter Jodi Young and her husband Chris, and Joy Carter who won the three-way race for Seat 5 was sworn in by her brother Jeff Booker.
Their first commission meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 25, 2014.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.11.11Coral Springs Center for the Arts Offers 6 Memorable Shows and Comedy
- News2019.11.11Crime Update from Coral Springs Police: Latest Incidents Through November 5
- News2019.11.1012 Coral Springs Residents Achieve Girl Scout Silver Award
- News2019.11.08Police Arrest Suspect Wanted for Murdering Coral Springs Husband and Father