By: Matt Rothman
Lindsey Garcia put up numbers at Coral Springs Charter that very few players will be able to duplicate.
After starting the season on the bench, Garcia has now started 22 of 27 games this season. She also hit her second home run of the season last weekend against Texas A&M.
“I’ve gotten a great opportunity, and I think I’ve done well,” said Garcia. “It’s a way different ball game in the SEC, and I’m still learning to adjust, but I think I’m doing so sooner rather than later.”
On the season, Garcia is hitting .277 with a slugging percentage of 400. Along with her two home runs, she ranks fourth on the team in RBI’s with 11. She also has two doubles and is three for three stealing bases.
It comes as no surprise to CSC Coach Mark Montimurro to see Garcia doing well.
“Lindsey is a winning ballplayer,” Coach Montimurro said. “She is an elite athlete that can accomplish anything she wants in the game of softball. We miss her moxy.”
While she has yet to get to a Panther game this season, Garcia has been able to keep up with the team and regularly talk to many of the players.
While CSC is 12-1 this season, Garcia has seen similar success as well. The Tigers are 21-12 this year through their first 33 games. They currently have 15 games left in the regular season before they play in the SEC tournament starting on May 11.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.04Coral Glades Football Team Raises Funds To Visit Top College Programs This Summer
- News2021.05.03Alexandra Bruno Makes History Again for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.05.02Coral Glades High School Softball Set to Play in Regionals
- News2021.05.02Coral Springs Charter Baseball Makes Regionals For 1st Time Since 2013