By: Matt Rothman
Following their 10-8 win over South Plantation, J.P. Taravella High School’s girl’s lacrosse team is moving on in the District Tournament.
Remy Simpson had a game-high six goals while both Vicky Mann and Celina Saunders scored a pair. Priscilla Santos made 14 saves in net for JPT.
“In order to continue on through the championship is to work like a team, and they all need to give 110 percent,” said Head Coach Megan Letizia. “Tomorrow potentially being our last game of the season, there is no reason not to give it all we have.”
The win is their ninth of the season and second win this year against South Plantation. The Trojans defeated them 8-3 on March 8 in the midst of their six-game winning streak.
JPT will next be in action on Wednesday, April 14 at 6 p.m. in the second round of the District tournament against St. Thomas Aquinas High School.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.04Coral Glades Football Team Raises Funds To Visit Top College Programs This Summer
- News2021.05.03Alexandra Bruno Makes History Again for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.05.02Coral Glades High School Softball Set to Play in Regionals
- News2021.05.02Coral Springs Charter Baseball Makes Regionals For 1st Time Since 2013