By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella High School girls lacrosse continue to win as they defeated Coral Glades High School 19-0 on senior night.
Prior to the game, the Trojans honored Priscilla Santos, Remy Simpson, Celina Halley-Saunders, Crystal Boudreau, Kailey McKenna, Valeria Velez, Emily Echeverry, and Siara Ocana.
Head Coach Megan Letizia says that these eighth girls are some of the most amazing girls she had the privilege to coach.
“I remember them all starting out in the game; quiet and scared, but I knew they all had something special about them,” said Letizia. “Now, as seniors, every single day, they make me proud not only on the field but in their personal lives. They are driven, confident, funny, brilliant, natural-born leaders.”
This season, JPT defeated West Broward, Coral Glades, Pompano Beach, South Plantation, and Fort Lauderdale High School.
Up next, the Trojans will have some time off for spring break and return to the field on Tuesday, March 30 at 4 p.m. against Coral Springs High School.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball’s Unforgettable Season Ends in Regional Final
- News2021.05.15Ordonez’s Walk-Off Home Run Wins Regionals for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball
- News2021.05.14Coral Springs Charter Baseball Memorable Season Ends in Regional Semifinals
- News2021.05.14Coral Springs Charter Softball Falls Short of 6th Straight State Championship