By: Matt Rothman
Former Coral Springs Charter softball player Shannon Doherty recorded her third walk-off hit of the season Monday night for UCF against #5 Virginia Tech.
Doherty previously had a game-winning home run against #12 Georgia on February 10 and recorded a walk-off earlier this season against Ole Miss. UCF improved its record to 30-10 and currently ranks 20th in the nation.
Currently playing her third year with the Knights, Doherty is hitting .333 with five home runs and 24 RBIs.
During her freshman year, Doherty posted a team-high .433 batting average in the 2020 shortened season and then led UCF with 11 home runs in 2021, leading herself to a spot on the AAC All-Rookie Team.
Doherty, a 2019 graduate, won a State Championship in all four years of high school, including a two-time First-Team All Selection.
Next, Doherty and the Knights will be in action on Wednesday, April 6, against the University of North Florida before hosting Memphis for a weekend series starting on Friday, April 8.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter