By Kevin Deutsch
Former members of the legendary rock band Chicago will perform hit songs at Coral Springs’ outdoor Community Concert on Saturday, Feb. 10, according to the city.
The free concert will run from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the City Hall Lawn, 9500 W. Sample Road.
Chicago is known for hits such as ‘Saturday in the Park,’ ‘You’re the Inspiration,’ and ‘Hard to Say I’m Sorry.’” Former band members will also perform hits by Earth, Wind & Fire, whose most popular songs include ‘Let’s Groove,’ ‘Boogie Wonderland,’ and ‘September,’ organizers said. Music from several of the world’s most critically acclaimed acts will also be performed.
Spider Cherry will perform as the concert’s opening act, organizers said.
“There’s nothing more iconic than the energy and melodic sound from some of popular music’s most timeless acts – Chicago, Earth, Wind, & Fire, and much more,” Coral Springs Mayor Scott Brook said. “I look forward to rocking the night away in celebration of our city’s achievements and progress.”
Attendees at the concert are encouraged to come dressed in their favorite ‘retro’ look to “celebrate the timeless music of the rock-funk-fusion revolution that has remained popular after all these years,” the city said in a written announcement.
In addition to music and dancing, attendees can enjoy food from a variety of food trucks and relax with a cocktail from an on-site pop-up bar. They will also be able to shop from a variety of vendors selling items at the event.
Parking will be free at the on-site City Hall garage. As part of the city’s commitment to sustainability, free filtered water stations will be available for guests who bring a reusable cup, organizers said.
For more information, including a list of food and drink options, visit CoralSprings.gov/Concert.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsFebruary 22, 2024Black History Month Book Fair Celebrates African American Culture
- EventsFebruary 21, 2024Phi Xi Zeta Chapter Celebrates 16 Years in Coral Springs with Tribute to Police
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Coral Glades Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher
- EventsFebruary 19, 2024Orchid and Plant Festival Returns to the Sawgrass Nature Center