Fort Lauderdale resident, Hume Hamilton, 81, has been charged with cruel death and pain and suffering of an animal as well as trespassing after videotaped surveillance found that he was was the person in the video. Many people were outraged after viewing the video footage and took action in finding the man. See Video Here: Warning – Disturbing.
The cat named Mama belonged to the Spath family of Coral Springs for over 12 years where it stayed close to their family business, Brandy Bail Bonds, in Fort Lauderdale.
In the shocking surveillance video, Hamilton and his pitbull are seen walking on the property of Brandy Bail Bonds while following his dog’s lead to get closer to the cat. The video shows the pitbull viciously attacking as Hamilton tries to pull the cat out of the dog’s jaws, even stepping on the cat’s stomach. He finally he pulls the dog away, runs away, and leaves the cat for dead. Mama later died of her injuries and is buried at the business.
In 2011, Hamilton was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.23Trader Joe’s Sets Opening Date in Coral Springs
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest
- News2020.10.20Student Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution