Fort Lauderdale resident, Hume Hamilton, 81, has been charged with cruel death and pain and suffering of an animal as well as trespassing after videotaped surveillance found that he was was the person in the video. Many people were outraged after viewing the video footage and took action in finding the man. See Video Here: Warning – Disturbing.
The cat named Mama belonged to the Spath family of Coral Springs for over 12 years where it stayed close to their family business, Brandy Bail Bonds, in Fort Lauderdale.
In the shocking surveillance video, Hamilton and his pitbull are seen walking on the property of Brandy Bail Bonds while following his dog’s lead to get closer to the cat. The video shows the pitbull viciously attacking as Hamilton tries to pull the cat out of the dog’s jaws, even stepping on the cat’s stomach. He finally he pulls the dog away, runs away, and leaves the cat for dead. Mama later died of her injuries and is buried at the business.
In 2011, Hamilton was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup
- Crime & Safety2019.09.16Coral Springs Weekly Crime Update Through September 9
- News2019.09.16Coral Springs Resident Dies in Workplace Accident
- Crime & Safety2019.09.16Man Sentenced to Prison After Molesting Children at Coral Springs Gymnastics Studio