Summer is here and it is hot. The temperature is rapidly rising and the dreaded “bathing suit season” has begun. It’s time to eat healthy.
If you are like me and seafood is one of your favorite things to eat, then have I got a treat for you, La Parrilla Rotisserie & Grill now open in Coral Springs.
As our sweltering climate nears 100 degrees, the idea of a hot meal sounds less and less appealing. This is the perfect time of year to hunt down some delicious creations that will help cool you off.
If you agree, then do yourself a favor and try La Parrilla’s ceviche.
This South American dish is served cold and is extremely low in fat. A one cup serving of the marinated seafood and onions yields only 1.5 grams of fat and provides you with a whopping 22 grams of protein. Low fat, extremely tasty, and close to home. How can you go wrong?
La Parrilla offers four different types of ceviche:
- Shrimp $12.95
- Fish $11.95
- Mixed $12.95 (a combination of shrimp, fish, scallops, octopus, etc.)
- Ceviche de Concha Negra $15.95 (this version uses black clams that are considered to be an aphrodisiac in Peru).
All varieties are served with the traditional accoutrements; toasted corn, hominy, fresh cilantro, boiled sweet potato, onions, and lime. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
If you are not the seafood type, La Parrilla Rotisserie & Grill boasts a large menu filled with Peruvian, Ecuadorian, Dominican, Mexican, and Puerto Rican style dishes. With authentic soups like their Seafood Chupe and Sancocho & Rice, Salads, Sandwiches, Tacos, Empanadas, Stir Fry, Steak, Chicken, Pork and more, La Parrilla Rotisserie & Grill is sure to be a real palate pleaser.
Don’t feel like going out? La Parrilla’s got you covered. You can order online because they deliver.A Parrilla Rotisserie & Grill
8357 W Atlantic Blvd? Coral Springs, FL 33071
Phone: 954-917-2100?Fax: 954-917-2333 Margate Location 875 N. State Road 7 (441) Margate, Fl. South of Copans Road (royal palm blvd).
- Stevette Balllog, formally from Chicago has been living in Broward County for 15 years. She has a B.S. in Culinary Management from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale and is owner of the Fork Notes Blog. She loves to travel all over the US in search of the best food, wine and craft beer, and she loves to cook. If you have an idea for a restaurant for her to review, please contact her at [email protected] follow her on Twitter at @Forknotes
- Eat2018.06.19Sarpino’s Brings the Authentic Italian Taste of Gourmet Pizza to Coral Springs
- Eat2018.03.12Sarpino’s Brings the Authentic Italian Taste of Gourmet Pizza to Coral Springs
- Eat2018.01.22Review: Fyr & Ice Brings Asian Fusion to Coral Springs
- Eat2017.12.07Newly Opened ‘Bottoms Up Gastropub and Tap’ is Anything But Average