By: Chris Brunner
The Plaza del Lago at Heron Bay will be transformed into a Winter Wonderland with beautiful trees, garlands, and creative ideas for the holidays. This annual spectacular event sponsored by Friends of Music benefits local public middle and high school music groups in Coral Springs and Parkland.
“Kick off the holiday season with your friends and neighbors at the all new Taste of the Holidays,” said Linda Hanson, President and Chair of the event. “Discover unique gift ideas and savor the ambience of the tastes from local restaurants, sights of gorgeous decor and sounds of holiday music from local school groups.”
The Taste of the Holidays event, sponsored by Friends of Music, will take place on Thursday, December 3, 2015. The activities begin at 7 p.m. Tickets are $50.
In addition to the fabulous decorated trees by Friends of Music talented members, the Women’s Club of Coral Springs, Newcomers Club and the Coral Springs High School Art Honors Club decorate tabletop trees for sale. The proceeds go to those organizations. The silent auction will also give residents the chance to find some special items for their loved ones said Hanson.
Since 2003, Friends of Music, Inc. has been dedicated to bring quality music performances to support the public middle and high school music programs in Coral Springs and Parkland. Over $150,000 has been donated to the schools for their music programs through various fundraising events. Friends of Music, Inc. has continued to be the only organization in the area that focuses on supporting students and bringing concerts to our city. The organization is run by volunteers only. Membership is open to anyone who remembers their own experiences in school music programs, or just loves music and would like to ‘give back’ to our music students in Coral Springs and Parkland.
For information and tickets, call 954-752-5620 or visit their website www.friendsofmusicflorida.com. Plaza del Lago is located at Heron Bay Golf and Country Club 11535 Osprey Trail, Parkland, FL.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed