By: Sharon Aron Baron
Friends was one of the most popular sitcoms of all times. It lasted ten seasons and is now in syndication. The premise of the series revolves around a circle of friends typically depicting their comedic romantic adventures and career issues while living in Manhattan.
But this was back in 1994 when the series began. The first smartphone – the iPhone – wouldn’t be released until 2007. For years, the friends would meet up (in person!) and talk about their lives. Fast forward to 2015 where the comedy troop from the Nerdist presents “Friends Rebooted,” which shows a new generation of friends just too busy on their smartphones to actually talk to one another. They also have beards, smoke, and love to take selfies.
It’s a funny, but true take of most meet-ups with 20-something friends who now believe holding a cellphone in one hand is the norm.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest
- News2020.10.20Student Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution
- News2020.10.17Battery, Burglary and Extortion This Week in Coral Springs Crime