By: Sharon Aron Baron
Calling all dog lovers to come out, enjoy some wings, and attend the Coral Springs Police K9 Fundraiser which provides assistance for retired police service dogs.
Called “Cause for Paws”, the event will be held Wednesday, August 9, from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. at Wings Plus by the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 87 where all proceeds will be donated to the Coral Springs FOP Police Service Dog Fund. Also, there will be a raffle and interactive K9 demonstration in front of the restaurant.
When a K9 retires from the force, the handler, who considers their K9 family, assumes all responsibility for them including their medical needs and food. Many department unions have created fundraisers to assist the K9 officers and their families with the cost associated with their senior K9’s.
According to FOP 87 Vice President Corey Logan, Coral Springs Police currently has six K9’s in active service. Last January, K9’s Mik, Bandit, and Duc were retired and are being cared for by the FOP’s Police Service Dog Fund. Unfortunately, K9 Bo, passed away less than a month into his retirement from heart and cancer issues.
If you cannot make the event, you can still help the K9’s by visiting www.CoralspringsFOP.com and donating via Paypal.
Wings Plus is located at 9880 Sample Road in Coral Springs.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2019.08.19Young Chef’s Academy Holds ‘Open House’ in Coral Springs
- Crime & Safety2019.08.19Crash on Sawgrass Expressway Leaves One Victim Dead
- Eat2019.08.19There’s Only a Short Wait Until Five Guys Opening Date
- Crime & Safety2019.08.16Man Arrested in 1983 Coral Springs Sexual Battery Case Thanks to DNA Evidence