By: Sharon Aron Baron
Calling all dog lovers to come out and attend the Coral Springs Police second annual Police K9 Fundraiser called “Cause for Paws” which helps provide care for retired police service dogs.
Held at Wings Plus on Wednesday, September 2, from 5-10 p.m., by the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 87, a portion of food sales during those hours will be donated, plus there will be a raffle and interactive K9 demonstration in front of the restaurant.
When a K9 retires from the force, the handler, who considers their K9 family, assumes all responsibility for them, and this includes their medical needs, food, etc. Many department unions have created fundraisers to assist the K9 Officers and their families with the cost associated with their senior K9’s.
Currently, they have six active and one retired K9, and four of their active service dogs will be retiring in the next two years. Last year, after their inaugural event, the Fraternal Order of Police raised over $2,200 for the care of the K9’s.
Wings Plus is located at 9880 Sample Road in Coral Springs.
If you cannot make the event, you can still help the K9’s by visiting www.CoralspringsFOP.com and donating via Paypal.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.01.15Mayors’ Chess Challenge Heads Back to Coral Springs January 18
- News2020.01.144th Annual ‘Yoga For Life’ in Coral Springs Supports Local Nonprofits
- News2020.01.12Crime Update from Coral Springs Police: Latest Incidents Through January 7
- News2020.01.12Coral Springs’ Zeta Phi Beta Chapter Accepting Nominations for ‘Community Leader of the Year’ Awards