By: Sharon Aron Baron
Calling all dog lovers to come out and attend the Coral Springs Police second annual Police K9 Fundraiser called “Cause for Paws” which helps provide care for retired police service dogs.
Held at Wings Plus on Wednesday, September 2, from 5-10 p.m., by the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 87, a portion of food sales during those hours will be donated, plus there will be a raffle and interactive K9 demonstration in front of the restaurant.
When a K9 retires from the force, the handler, who considers their K9 family, assumes all responsibility for them, and this includes their medical needs, food, etc. Many department unions have created fundraisers to assist the K9 Officers and their families with the cost associated with their senior K9’s.
Currently, they have six active and one retired K9, and four of their active service dogs will be retiring in the next two years. Last year, after their inaugural event, the Fraternal Order of Police raised over $2,200 for the care of the K9’s.
Wings Plus is located at 9880 Sample Road in Coral Springs.
If you cannot make the event, you can still help the K9’s by visiting www.CoralspringsFOP.com and donating via Paypal.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.16Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Applications Open to 5 High Schools
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.13U.S. Rep Deutch Calls on Pence to Activate 25th Amendment
- News2021.01.13City Reminds Residents Coral Square Vaccination Site is by Appointment Only