By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs students are the winners each year the City holds the “Golfing for the King” Golf Classic. Proceeds from this annual event benefits needy high school school students, regardless of ethnicity.
This year will be the 10th Annual event presented by the Coral Springs Martin Luther King, Jr. Committee and will be held on Friday, October 23 at the Colony West Country Club in Tamarac.
Through the Committee’s efforts, more than 120 high school seniors have received scholarships in varying amounts based primarily on financial need. The students will apply the scholarship money towards their tuition costs at a university or other educational institution of their choice. The scholarship is available to high school seniors who live in Coral Springs and attend one of the following five high schools: J.P. Taravella High, Coral Springs High, Stoneman Douglas High, Coral Springs Charter and Coral Glades High.
Since the scholarship program is entirely dependent upon the generous contributions of individuals and corporations, all donations to this cause and participation in the tournament are very important and much-needed and are tax-deductible as well. Donations for raffle prizes are needed as well to assist in raising funds. If you would like to donate a raffle prize, your name will be displayed during the auction and mentioned at the event.
Registration begins at 7 a.m. and Shotgun begins at 8 a.m. Registration fee includes breakfast, beverages on the course, and an awards luncheon. The fee to participate is $75 per person or $300 per foursome.
Deadline to register is Friday, October 16. For sponsorship opportunities or to register, contact Joyce Campos at 954-344-1005 or email email@example.com. For more details, visit www.CoralSprings.org/mlkgolf.
In the event of rain, the event will be held on Sunday, November 1.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1