By: Matt Rothman
The junior struck out 20 of the 21 hitters she faced and also recorded a hit at the plate. This was Godfrey’s first career perfect game as the lone batter to make contact came on a bunt.
“My pitches were moving pretty well, and I was freezing batters with my screw,” Godfrey said. “We have a long way to go, and this is just another step along the way.”
The Panthers also had seven different players record an RBI in Addison Michel, Bridget Dunham, Grace Derstine, Julia Estroff, Christina D’Agostino, Isabella Bertorelli, and Vicki Vasquez. All seven of them scored runs as well as CSC laced out 13 hits Wednesday night.
This win moves the Panthers to 21-3 on the year as they will next play Oxbridge Academy in the Regional Semifinals on Tuesday, May 11. The ThunderWolves came into the game with an 18-1-1 record and defeated Clewiston High School 12-0 in their last game.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.26J.P. Taravella Duo Posts Historic Numbers for Boys Basketball Team
- News2022.01.26Coral Springs High School Girls Soccer Wins Opening Playoff Game
- News2022.01.25Coral Glades Girls Basketball Wins by 24 on Senior Night
- News2022.01.25Coral Springs Charter Boys Basketball Team Wins 2nd Game This Season