By: Matt Rothman
It was also the Panthers’ 20th win of the season as CSC has reached that mark for the eighth time since 2013. The only year they did not reach that mark came in 2020 when the Panthers were 6-1 before having their season cut short due to COVID-19.
Early on, the Panthers took advantage of their speed as Isabella Bertorelli stole second base and came around to score on the wild throw. Then, Vicki Vasquez reached on an error to make it 2-0.
Bridget Dunham doubled the lead with a two-run single in the second. Arianna Gonzalez and Vasquez each scored runs in the third to make it 6-0 before Brianna Godfrey recorded her second of three hits in the game for an RBI single.
The Panthers registered two more runs in the third and five runs in the fourth. On the mound, Godfrey struck out 11, while Sophia Bertorelli recorded the final three outs in the game.
“Winning districts never gets old, but at Charter, if we don’t win our last game, we’re not satisfied,” said Head Coach Mark Montimurro. “The girls handled their business tonight and should be commended for playing a clean game.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.21J.P. Taravella’s All-County Outfielder Luis Rodriguez Makes His College Choice
- News2021.07.19Coral Springs Girls Travel Basketball Team Ranks Number 1 in the State
- News2021.07.16Coral Springs Native Caleb Roberts Selected in 5th Round of MLB Draft
- News2021.07.16J.P. Taravella Grad Jack Sinclair Drafted in 16th Round of MLB Draft