The Coral Springs Martin Luther King, Jr. Committee presents the Seventh Annual “Golfing for the King” Golf Classic at Heron Bay on October 19. This event benefits the Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Fund for needy Coral Springs high school students, regardless of ethnicity.
In past years through the Committee’s efforts, more than 120 high school seniors have received scholarships in varying amounts based primarily on financial need. The students will apply the scholarship money towards their tuition costs at a university or other educational institution of their choice. The scholarship is available to high school seniors who live in Coral Springs and attend one of the five high schools serving the city: J.P. Taravella High, Coral Springs High, Stoneman Douglas High, Coral Springs Charter and Coral Glades High.
The purpose of the Scholarship Program is “to provide funds to needy, local students who, through their words and actions, embody the spirit of Dr. King’s teachings.” Although preference is given to students with financial need, attention is also given to the quality of community service performed by the applicants.
Since the scholarship program is entirely dependent upon the generous contributions of individuals and corporations, your donation to this cause is very important and much-needed. All donations are tax-deductible as well.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. and Shotgun begins at 8:30 a.m. Registration fee includes breakfast, time on the range, beverages on the course, and an awards luncheon. The fee to participate is $100.00 per person or $400.00 per foursome.
Heron Bay Golf Club, owned by ClubLink, is located 11801 Heron Bay Boulevard in Coral Springs.
To register for golf, or for sponsorship opportunities, view the brochure below or contact Joyce Campos at 954-344-1005 or email@example.com.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.11.26Donations Needed for United Way’s ‘Adopt-a-Family’ Annual Gift Drive
- Events2021.11.23Save 25 Percent Off Shows: Cyber Monday Shopping Starts Early at the Center for the Arts
- Events2021.11.22Hasidic Pop Singer Yossi Rodal Performs Concert at Annual Menorah Lighting in Coral Springs
- Events2021.11.22Registration Now Open for Winter Camp in Coral Springs