By: Matt Rothman
Under first-year Head Coach Chris Haire, the Coral Springs Charter football team is set for the 2021 season.
Despite having their starting quarterback and running back from last season graduate, the Panthers are still a relatively young team and have many players ready to step up after winning a pair of games in 2020.
Coach Haire felt like his team had a great offseason training with Strength and Conditioning Coach Matt Gates.
“I’m excited to start this season, and it’s such a great honor for me to lead this great group of young men and coaches on Friday nights,” Coach Haire said.
One strength of the Panthers this year will be on their offense. They return Noah Fernandez to their offensive line. The senior already has Division I offers from both Army and Navy. At wide receiver, Mason Phillips, Jani Weir, and Collin Teschky had fantastic seasons in 2020 and will likely play a big part on defense again as returning starters.
The Panthers will begin their season at home on Friday, August 27, against LaSalle High School. Their first road game of the year will be the following week against Hollywood Hills High School.
To end the regular season, CSC will play 11 games with two exciting matchups against Coral Glades and North Broward Preparatory School.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Quarterback Tyler Goodman Honored With Perseverance Award in College
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Charter Girls Soccer Wins 4th Game in a Row Wednesday Night
- News2021.11.18J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Team Holds Car Wash This Weekend
- News2021.11.17Hines Scores Twice Leading Coral Glades Boys Soccer to 1st Win