By Sharon Aron Baron
Youth For Understanding, a non-profit international educational organization with programs in 64 countries, is one of the world’s oldest, largest, and most respected exchange organizations. YFU summer programs can allow you to learn about another culture as no tourist could, and you can live in another country over your summer break.
Most YFU summer programs are traditional homestay programs, where you’ll live with a host family and participate in family activities throughout the summer.
Imagine spending the summer exploring the wonders of China with a local family, shopping for food in a marketplace in Greece, or finding your way to the beach in a sunny Spanish town. You’ll learn how another culture lives, works and knows from the inside!
Summer programs range from three to eight weeks; most leave in mid-June.
Hurry! You must apply in the early spring, and you must be at least 15 years old.
YFU also needs more families to host an exchange students. There are teens from all over the world that would love to live and study in our country. Hosting an exchange student is an enriching experience for you and the entire family. By opening your home and heart to a student from overseas, you and your family will gain a new global perspective, many memories, and – quite possibly – a new family member for life!
You are not required to host a student to apply to become a summer exchange student!
For more information, please visit Youth for Understanding http://yfuusa.org/.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’