By: Sharon Aron Baron
In honor of the hard working men and women who protect the City of Coral Springs, a local restaurant is hosting an inaugural Law Enforcement Appreciation Day Event.
Held on Monday, February 9, from 6:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m at Wings Plus on 9880 W. Sample Road, officers, deputies, their families and friends are welcome to the special event to support law enforcement nationwide and eat half-price all day by showing their badge or ID.
Running the event are Bridget Walsh Devita formerly a traffic accident investigator along with Community Involvement Coordinator Lynne Martzall. “I used to work for the police department and know how hard the officers work,” said Devita who added that the event is open to the public, however, because the amount of people expected, the menu will be limited for just this one day.
The typically green lights at Wings Plus will go blue in honor of law enforcement officers and a portion of the day’s proceeds will be donated to support the both 2015 Police Unity Tour – a 300-mile bike ride support raising awareness for Law Enforcement Officers killed in the line of duty, as well as preserving and protecting, the National Law Enforcement Officers’ Memorial Wall and Museum.
The event will feature free face painting and balloon animals for children along with raffles.
Can’t make it? You can still donate at my.policeunitytour.com/cspd.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive