By: Sharon Aron Baron
In honor of the hard working men and women who protect the City of Coral Springs, a local restaurant is hosting an inaugural Law Enforcement Appreciation Day Event.
Held on Monday, February 9, from 6:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m at Wings Plus on 9880 W. Sample Road, officers, deputies, their families and friends are welcome to the special event to support law enforcement nationwide and eat half-price all day by showing their badge or ID.
Running the event are Bridget Walsh Devita formerly a traffic accident investigator along with Community Involvement Coordinator Lynne Martzall. “I used to work for the police department and know how hard the officers work,” said Devita who added that the event is open to the public, however, because the amount of people expected, the menu will be limited for just this one day.
The typically green lights at Wings Plus will go blue in honor of law enforcement officers and a portion of the day’s proceeds will be donated to support the both 2015 Police Unity Tour – a 300-mile bike ride support raising awareness for Law Enforcement Officers killed in the line of duty, as well as preserving and protecting, the National Law Enforcement Officers’ Memorial Wall and Museum.
The event will feature free face painting and balloon animals for children along with raffles.
Can’t make it? You can still donate at my.policeunitytour.com/cspd.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event