By: Matt Rothman
In a classic pitcher’s duel Friday night, the J.P. Taravella baseball team earned a 1-0 win in the Regional Quarterfinals.
The lone run for the Trojans came in the second inning as Chris Scinta, who earned the win on the mound, scored on a passed ball to give the Trojans a 1-0 lead.
Scinta, who is verbally committed to the University of Miami, struck out ten as he had a no-hitter through six before Brandon Metiever came into the game and registered the save in the seventh.
“Pitching and defense win games in the playoffs,” said Head Coach Joe Giummule. “We have pitched and have played great defense the last two weeks.”
Vincent Samuel and Matt Rubin had the lone two hits for JPT, but still, the Trojans managed to win their 18th game of the season. Up next, JPT baseball will play Western High School on Wednesday, May 12 at 7 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.283 Coral Springs Baseball Players 4A State Champions For North Broward Prep
- News2021.05.22CHAMPIONS AGAIN: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd State Championship in 6 Years
- News2021.05.21BREAKING: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball 1 Win Away From State Championship
- News2021.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball’s Unforgettable Season Ends in Regional Final