By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella boys bowling is once again on their way to the State Championship following their second-place finish in Districts on Monday.
Archbishop McCarthy High School only beat the Trojans after JPT went 34-5 during the regular season.
Leading the way for JPT was Zachery Kimball, who knocked down 4,698 pins in 25 games. He had eight more than teammate Nicolas Jobe, while Anthony Mountcastle finished third on the team and had a high score of 235.
Jeremy Smith and Christopher Mahaffey watched had averages of 160 and 151 reactively. Kaden Sherman bowled in one round and knocked down 123 pins.
Next, they will head to States starting on Tuesday, November 2, in Orlando at the Boardwalk Bowl Entertainment Center.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.167 Coral Springs Athletes Reach Podium in Track and Field State Championship