By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella girls soccer had a memorable season despite it coming to an end in Regionals with their 3-0 loss after their matchup with Coral Reef High School Tuesday night.
The Trojans finished the regular season with an 11-5-2 record, but lost in the regional semifinals 2-1 against Western High School and then again Tuesday night.
While Kiana Tulloch’s varsity career came to an end after scoring 21 goals this season and finishing her four-year high school career with 49 goals, she will continue to play Division I Soccer at the University of Houston.
Both Dakota Cimetta and Natalia Marshall-Hewitt played their final game with both girls reaching double digits in goals with ten.
However, just beginning her varsity career, Allyssia Merisier finished one the third on the team in goals with ten and had six assists.
In net, Allyson Heidkamp played terrific in net all season, including her superb performance against Pembroke Pines Charter in the final game of the regular season. She will have one more season left in high school.
Also, Kaydine Celeste along with three other freshmen: Camila Blanco, Emily Sepulveda, and Danielle Tigner will all play prominent roles on the team next year after getting a full year of experience with the varsity team. This includes sophomore Alexis Martorelli and a solid core of players becoming seniors next year.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision
- News2021.07.27Coral Springs’ Outfielder Caleb Roberts Officially Goes Pro