By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs High School faced a major test on the road against Deerfield Beach and nearly pulled off a massive upset, but fell in the District Semifinals 69-66.
The Colts finished their season with a 6-19 record but played their best basketball of late. They faced an extremely tough schedule and Monarch High School in their first District game.
Despite struggling in close games most of the season, Coral Springs had one of their most exciting wins against McArthur High School 47-46 for their first win this year.
They also beat Piper, St. Thomas Aquinas, and Plantation High School in the regular season and were credited with a win after J.P. Taravella forfeited.
With six seniors, the Colts will have to replace much of their scoring from this season. However, they do have some younger players that are expected to make a significant impact next year.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.04Ryan Scanlon: A Coral Springs Resident Who Continues to Beat the Odds
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft