By: Jen Russon
A blood drive held in memory of Coach Jason Stein, a beloved athletic director at J.P. Taravella High School in Coral Springs, is taking place in the first week of November.
Expected to become an annual event, the school partnered with the late coach’s family to ensure his legacy lives on. As an educator for many years, Stein had served as Taravella’s athletic director since 2011.
Stein passed away from complications of COVID-19 on August 20, leaving behind two daughters and wife, Michele Wajser Stein, an assistant principal at Coral Glades High School.
On Wednesday, Principal DeArmas sent a reminder to the student body about the blood drive.
“If you have the ability to donate blood, especially during these very difficult times, when so many are in need, then please find it in your heart to visit our website and sign up for an appointment to donate,” DeArmas wrote in an email to Taravella families.
All donors at the J.P. Taravella blood drive will receive a free OneBlood blanket and wellness checkup that includes a COVID-19 antibody test, blood pressure, temperature, iron count, pulse, and cholesterol screening.
The blood drive in honor of Coach Stein will take place on Monday, November 2, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and again on Tuesday, November 3, from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
J.P. Taravella High School is located at 10600 Riverside Drive.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- NewsApril 27, 2022First Presbyterian Church Welcomes 5th Senior Pastor, Dr. David Barry
- NewsApril 26, 2022Coral Springs Charter Baseball Player Knocks Another One Out of the Park with ‘Promposal’
- EventsApril 26, 2022Mother’s Day ‘Sip and Stroll’ Comes to Coral Springs May 1
- EventsApril 21, 2022Coral Springs Improvement District Offering Food and Fun at Open House, April 30