By: Sharon Aron Baron
Culinary students from J.P. Taravella High School won first place overall in the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association’s Educational Foundation’s 14th Annual ProStart Culinary Team Competition.
The competition took place at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando in March where a total of 60 schools participated in the competition. Teams competed in four events, which included the Cracker Barrel Management Competition, the Johnson & Wales University Culinary Competition, the Keiser University Edible Centerpiece Competition and the Coca-Cola Company Waiters Relay Competition.
In addition to being named the overall champions, the Taravella High School students also shined in the individual events, earning first place in the Management Competition, which qualifies the Management team to travel to Minneapolis, Minnesota this May for the national competition.
Taravella High School also ranked third in the state in the Edible Centerpiece Competition. Congratulations to all of the Tamarac and Coral Springs students who attend this High School.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1
- News2020.11.28Drop Off Hazardous Materials at 2 Different Dates and Locations in December