A joint operation between the Broward Sheriff’s Office Burglary Apprehension Team and Coral Springs Police Department’s Burglary Enforcement And Reduction team led to the arrest of a 26-year-old serial burglar who has admitted to breaking into more than 200 cars in the last four months.
B.A.T. detectives received information on April 10 about a man who made a living out of breaking into cars. Immediately following up on the tip, B.A.T. and B.E.A.R. investigators conducted surveillance of the suspect’s residence in Ft. Lauderdale. They followed the suspect as he got in his car, drove to the Savannah at Riverside condominiums in Coral Springs and parked his car. The suspect left his car but returned moments later and placed something inside his car. He left again and returned four hours later carrying a duffle bag.
The B.A.T. and B.E.A.R. team conducted a traffic stop. The suspect attempted to flee in his vehicle but was immediately trapped and taken into custody.
During an interview, David Jasinski, admitted to breaking into at least six cars last night from the residential neighborhood behind the Savannah condominiums. He went on further, confessing to a rash of at least 30 car burglaries in the Las Olas area in Ft. Lauderdale in the past few days, more than a hundred in the City of Coral Springs alone and said he had broken into a total of around 300 vehicles in the last four months.
Jasinski had just been released on bond from an April 2 arrest in Wilton Manors for the same crime, but his criminal history dates back to 2004, when he has 16.
-Sharon Aron Baron
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.10.27Bites-N-Sips Returns to Coral Springs on Nov. 5
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs