By: Sharon Aron Baron
A woman who was driving the wrong way on the Sawgrass Expressway left a Coral Springs woman dead and another in critical condition early Sunday morning.
This morning at about 2am my brother’s daughter, and my niece was killed. Marisa Catronio was killed by a wrong way driver on the Sawgrass Exp. southbound east of Coral Springs Dr. A very sad day for the Catronio family. Please say a prayer for a very beautiful young lady.” – Ron Catronio from Facebook
According to FHP, two Coral Springs residents were traveling west on the Sawgrass Expressway in a 2012 Toyota Camry near University Drive, when a 2004 Hyundai Sonata driving on the wrong side of the highway struck them head-on.
Marisa Caran Catronio, 21, who was in the front passenger seat, was killed in the crash. Kaitlyn Nicole Ferrante, 21, was taken to Broward Health North where she was listed in critical condition.
The driver of the Hyundai, Kayla Maria Mendoza, 20, of Hallandale Beach, was taken to Broward Health North, where she was reported in serious condition.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1