By Hank McCoy
A man was arrested after allegedly beating his girlfriend because she refused to have sexual intercourse.
On June 6, Florisma Hyppolite, 25, of North Lauderdale, was accused of battery by his girlfriend. She claims Hyppolite shoved her several times and punching her in the face.
In a statement to Coral Springs police, the victim alleges that Hyppolite, her boyfriend of three years, was enraged after she refused to have sex with him, and accused her of cheating. Hyppolite allegedly pushed the victim around her apartment, causing her to fall and hit her head on a large piece of furniture, leaving a deep laceration on the upper right side of her face.
Hyppolite allegedly continued to berate her as she attempted to defuse the situation by asking him to leave her residence, then allegedly punched her in the face.
The victim fled her home for her mother’s residence approximately a mile away before contacting the Coral Springs Police.
Police arrived at the 2900 block of Forest Hills Blvd. to observe the victim had sustained minor injuries with red bruising to her face. Hyppolite had fled the scene with their one-year-old child before the police had arrived and was later found in the adjacent parking lot, where he was taken into custody.
Hyppolite was transported to the Coral Springs Police Department for processing before being turned over to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
Records show that Hyppolite was arrested back in 2012 for burglary in Boca Raton.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Hank McCoy is a writer and journalist covering music, politics, and culture on his blog Hank’s Luncheonette, as well as currently working on publishing his first novel. Hank grew up in Parkland and graduated from FAU before moving to Chicago where he worked in the music industry as an artist and talent booker when he wasn’t throwing people out of punk bars. Hank recently moved back to South Florida after living overseas in Berlin while he traveled to Europe.
- News2020.10.09Sale of City Property Leads to Redevelopment of Village Square in Coral Springs
- News2020.10.05Coral Springs Welcomes First Medical Marijuana Dispensary
- News2020.10.01Surf’s Up! Coral Springs Could See Big Waves with One of a Kind Surf Park
- News2020.09.29Former Coral Springs Resident Charged with Cryptocurrency Fraud Caught in Austria