By: Sharon Aron Baron
A domestic disturbance shook one Coral Springs neighborhood when a man shot his ex-wife while she was getting her mail.
On December 22, at 12:40 a.m. in the neighborhood of Mayfair at Wyndham Lakes, a woman who had just returned home from work, was getting her mail when she noticed her ex-husband Joseph Pierre, 64, standing out front armed with a handgun and wearing a partial mask. Pierre pointed the gun at her and shot at her several times, striking her two times in the upper body. She fell to the ground and yelled that he shot and killed her in her native Creole language. Her son Joshua, who heard the gunshots and his mother’s screams, ran outside and witnessed his father running from the home wearing a partial mask while getting inside of a dark gray colored Toyota Corolla.
Joshua made attempts to stop his father from leaving the area by throwing a brick through the passenger side window and jumping on the hood of the vehicle, but Pierre ultimately fled the scene. Joshua told police he noticed that as the vehicle fled the complex, there was no license plate attached to the car. He also said that the same vehicle was parked in the street across from the residence upon his return home around 9 p.m. that evening.
The victim and Joseph Pierre were divorced three years ago and have children together. She has custody of their 11 year-old son as well as an active injunction against Pierre.
The victim was treated on the scene and transported to Broward Health North for further treatment. Pierre was later captured and placed into custody. He is currently charged with premeditated murder and violation of an injunction for protection against domestic violence and is being held without bond.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1