By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs Fire Department was called out for what appeared to be a brush fire on Tuesday morning, however, when they arrived they found that it was a nativity scene that was engulfed in flames.
The call was reported at 9:16 am. at the Groves at Turtle Run near Sample Road – just east of Turtle Run Drive, where a nativity scene was located. According to Division Chief Michael Moser, the nativity scene was made of wood and was badly damaged.
Moser was clear that the fire wasn’t caused by arson. “The fire was nothing malicious,” he said. “It was caused by an electrical short by the timer that turns the lighting on and off.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.21The Window for School Choice Applications Shuts February 8
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.20See the Works of Photographer and Filmmaker Cheryl Maeder at the Coral Springs Museum
- News2021.01.19Coral Springs Crime and Arrest Update Through January 12