By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs Fire Department was called out for what appeared to be a brush fire on Tuesday morning, however, when they arrived they found that it was a nativity scene that was engulfed in flames.
The call was reported at 9:16 am. at the Groves at Turtle Run near Sample Road – just east of Turtle Run Drive, where a nativity scene was located. According to Division Chief Michael Moser, the nativity scene was made of wood and was badly damaged.
Moser was clear that the fire wasn’t caused by arson. “The fire was nothing malicious,” he said. “It was caused by an electrical short by the timer that turns the lighting on and off.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20