By Kevin Deutsch
A Coral Springs man charged with repeatedly sexually assaulting a girl was charged with additional crimes this week stemming from his collection of recorded child pornography, according to court papers.
Scott Davis, 48, sexually abused a 14-year-old victim dozens of times in 2020 and 2021, Coral Springs Police said, and used a hidden recording device to secretly shoot video of the teen and her 16-year-old cousin, according to the records filed by police.
The girls were recorded without their knowledge while nude in bathrooms, including one at the Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort, police said.
Prosecutors this week filed new charges of video voyeurism of a child under 15 and possession of child pornography against Davis. In total, Davis faces 36 criminal charges resulting from the police investigation, according to court records.
Davis’ stash of electronic devices containing the illegal pornography included four hard drives and three cellphones, which his former girlfriend found hidden in her kitchen cabinets behind her baking supplies, the records show.
Police said that Davis was caught by police after trying to break into the home of the victim and her mother while wearing all black.
At the time, he was legally barred from the home, and police believe he knew there was evidence still located inside the residence, records show.
Police later arrested Davis at Castlewood Park, where they found him carrying a backpack containing a black mask, black hat, crowbar, and other burglary tools, court records show.
He is being held without bond at the Broward Main Jail.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Coral Springs Teen Named Finalist for Jewish Leadership Award
- Crime & SafetyFebruary 28, 2024Vehicle Drives Into Coral Springs Canal
- NewsFebruary 24, 2024ProKel Gears Up to Transform Coral Springs’ Intracity Bus Service
- NewsFebruary 24, 2024Heron Bay Serves Up a Dill-lightful Expansion with 6 New Pickleball Courts