By Kevin Deutsch
A Coral Springs man charged with repeatedly sexually assaulting a girl was charged with additional crimes this week stemming from his collection of recorded child pornography, according to court papers.
Scott Davis, 48, sexually abused a 14-year-old victim dozens of times in 2020 and 2021, Coral Springs Police said, and used a hidden recording device to secretly shoot video of the teen and her 16-year-old cousin, according to the records filed by police.
The girls were recorded without their knowledge while nude in bathrooms, including one at the Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort, police said.
Prosecutors this week filed new charges of video voyeurism of a child under 15 and possession of child pornography against Davis. In total, Davis faces 36 criminal charges resulting from the police investigation, according to court records.
Davis’ stash of electronic devices containing the illegal pornography included four hard drives and three cellphones, which his former girlfriend found hidden in her kitchen cabinets behind her baking supplies, the records show.
Police said that Davis was caught by police after trying to break into the home of the victim and her mother while wearing all black.
At the time, he was legally barred from the home, and police believe he knew there was evidence still located inside the residence, records show.
Police later arrested Davis at Castlewood Park, where they found him carrying a backpack containing a black mask, black hat, crowbar, and other burglary tools, court records show.
He is being held without bond at the Broward Main Jail.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2021.12.02Capitol Rioter From Coral Springs Says He Was “In The Bathroom Pooping” During Violence
- Crime & Safety2021.12.02Jail Booking Photo Shows Man Restrained by BSO
- Crime & Safety2021.11.28Coral Springs Police Arrest Driver With 22 License Suspensions
- News2021.11.26Coral Springs Crime Update: Extortion and Battery on a School Employee